Using BUGK in the First 1000 days in an online parent group
What is this training about?
This session supports BUGK in the First 1000 Days to be used to facilitate groups for expectant parents and parents of children up to the age of 2 years using an online platform.
The program supports expectant and parents of young children to:
- Learn more about the development of their children in the first 1000 days and its influence on their thoughts, feelings and behaviour;
- Understand the meaning of infants and children’s behaviour in the first 1000 days;
- Identify and evaluate the source of their parenting approach and philosophy;
- Develop an increased understanding of the ‘messages’ that they communicate to their children through their behaviours, acts and attitudes;
- Increase their ability to understand and acknowledge the impact of these messages on their baby/child;
- Discover how to overcome some of the obstacles getting in the way of them being the kind of parents they would like to be; and,
- Discover ways for parents to take care of themselves and to find support when they need it.
These training sessions are run by experienced parenting practitioners with hands-on experience in implementing the ‘Bringing Up Great Kids in the First 1000 Days parenting program.
This training is delivered in English in an online format.
What will you gain from this training?
- An understanding of the impact of the first 1000 days on environments and experiences in the earliest stages of development and the impact of adverse experiences.
- An understanding of the principles of reflective and mindful parenting.
- Exploration the resources and materials to support the online delivery of ‘Bringing Up Great Kids in the First 1000 Days’ parenting program online.
- An understanding of how to set up program criteria.
- The ability to effectively implement the program and its activities.
Who is this training for?
This training is suitable for all professionals who have completed Bringing Up Great Kids Foundation training and Bringing Up Great Kids in the First 1000 Days and want to facilitate a group for expectant or parents of young children using an online platform.