Trauma Responsive Practice with Families
What is this training about?
This workshop provides a link between the neurobiology of complex trauma and its impacts on relationships in particular. Working with children is not something that happens in isolation and we need to understand issues and implications of experiences of trauma within and across families.
We will consider various types of transgenerational and intergenerational trauma and its positive and negative impacts on adaptability and survival. Further emphasis will be placed on hereditary structures and epigenetics and the implications this knowledge has for us as practitioners when working with the challenges of family dynamics and interactions.
What will you learn?
By attending this workshop you will:
- Strengthen your understanding of the broad issues vulnerable children face within the context of culture, relationship, environment and experience.
- Explore the difficulties in engaging and re-engaging marginalised parents and carers who have also experienced complex trauma and explore the long- term implications of their experiences .
- Build your understanding of intergenerational trauma, trans-generational trauma, the science of epigenetics and its impact on our understanding of family functioning and the developing child
- Take practical skills and strategies that help facilitate trauma recovery for children and families
- Identify strategies for recovery and healing.
What difference will this make to your practice?
Working with vulnerable children, young people and their families who have experienced trauma is complex and requires a holistic trauma-informed approach. This workshop will provide you with foundational knowledge of the neurobiological impact of trauma and specifically explore the intergenerational and transgenerational trauma experience within families.
This training considers the diversity of families posing meaningful ways of engagement and the provision of therapeutic care to vulnerable communities.
This was beyond any expectation I had and these 2 days have opened new wonders for me and my practice.Remote Outreach Team Leader, NT
Very instructive and helpful for our daily practice. Great just do it!Raquel, Case Coordinator
How practical, fascinating and insightful the information provided is.Fiona, Case Worker
|Trauma Responsive Practice with Families||15 & 16 June 2023||10:00 am - 02:00 pm||Virtual Classroom||$330.00|
Please note, all course and workshop times are displayed in Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra time zones. Please ensure you convert the time to your current time zone. All credit card payments will incur a surcharge of 1.65% per transaction. All workshop payments must be made by Credit Card, invoicing is only available for group bookings of 5 or more into the same workshop date. Contact us on email@example.com for group bookings.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
We are always working to meet your needs. Register your interest in this or other training or services we provide, and we will contact you as soon as we can.