- Full-time – Permanent Position
- Company Vehicle provided
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including salary packaging
The Foundation currently provides a range of therapeutic care programs in foster care and residential care. The Foundation is responsible for delivering the specialist therapeutic services within these programs. The Therapeutic Specialist being sought will work within the Eastern Division Circle and Equip programs. These programs are delivered in partnership with Upper Murray Family Care. The position will be located in Wodonga.
About the role:
The key role of the Therapeutic Specialist is to act as a specialist therapeutic consultant and practitioner within the therapeutic foster care programs. This position is a key member of the care team developed for each child.
The Therapeutic Specialist is primarily responsible for the provision of specialist therapeutic support to the carers and other members of the care team, the delivery of specialised training about trauma and therapeutic care to professionals, carers and volunteer support people, and direct therapeutic work with children where appropriate.
The position has a key leadership role with regard to the development and implementation of appropriate therapeutic support for each child and young person.
About You – Key Selection Criteria:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work or a related discipline.
- Eligibility for membership of the relevant professional association.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direct service in the clinical assessment and treatment of children, young people and families.
- Highly developed ability to provide secondary consultation and advice to clinicians and other professionals.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and manage in an area of challenging and complex practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trauma, attachment and neurobiology frameworks and theories.
- Substantial experience in the area of child abuse and/or in working with traumatised children.
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively and the capacity to negotiate and liaise with volunteers, including carers, DFFH, other agencies and the community.
- A sophisticated understanding of the complexity of the service system and the issues involved in providing services to statutory clients.
- A current Victorian driver’s license or equivalent.
Remuneration & Benefits:
The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications.
In joining a strong, values-based organisation, you will also have access to:
- A competitive base salary plus superannuation, plus salary package
- Equipment provided, including a work mobile phone and tablet
- A generous professional development allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
Interested in this new opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children?
To apply for this exciting opportunity please click here where you will be redirected to our internal portal.
For more information about the role or a copy of the position description please contact Bree Roberts – HR Officer at email@example.com
Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
ACF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We’d still love to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below and if we have a suitable position available we will let you know!