Senior Safeguarding Consultant
The Australian Childhood Foundation is a highly regarded reputable national children’s charity aiming to prevent child abuse and reduce the harm it causes to children, families and the community. It provides specialist trauma counselling and therapeutic care programs to children and young people affected by abuse, as well as running research, education & community awareness programs.
Safeguarding Children Services provides effective standards, training evaluations, auditing, advisory services and an accreditation program which helps organisations to strengthen their capacity to protect children and young people in their care. Safeguarding Children Services has helped over 275 organisations to implement best practice policies and standards to protect children and young people in their care.. This National program provides resources which assist organisations:-
- To design policies that meet statutory obligations in each State and Territory.
- Aids in providing standards to design such policies and procedures to protect children from harm
- Promotes an organisational culture that safeguards children and young people
- Provides training to organisational staff and volunteers to become skilled in protecting children and young people
- Offers accreditation by an independent audit and accreditation panel
- Improves risk management
- Strategic development through development and implementation of a strategic plan
- Development of program systems and documentation
- Development and enhancement of working relationships between the Service and other key organisations
- Support development of new joint initiatives with government and non-government partners
- Work directly with participating organisations with regards to development and implementation of the above
- Provide high quality advice and support to organisations about managing and responding to critical incidents, risk management and continuous improvement
- Provide a project/course coordination role and develop and deliver training activities
- Plan and undertake audits with organisations seeking accreditation
- Provide high quality assessments and written audit reports
Key Selection Criteria:
We are looking for:-
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in senior level positions in organisation(s) associated with the care, welfare or health of vulnerable people.
- Extensive experience in program development, monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of educational workshops
- Demonstrated ability to provide advice as well as develop written policies and procedural frameworks
- Demonstrated understanding of compliance and audit frameworks
- Knowledge of vulnerable people, child/welfare policy/legislation
- Ability to undertake intra/inter state travel
- A current drivers licence and Working with Children Check or equivalent
Remuneration & Benefits:
Competitive salary + superannuation + salary packaging + Surface Pro + mobile phone + $1,000 professional development allowance. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications.
This is a truly unique role to which you can personally make a difference in your career. Joining a successful, supporting highly experienced team, we are offering an outstanding career opportunity and excellent working conditions on a full-time basis with a culture who understands the need for flexibility. The role is a full time position. Intra/interstate travel will be required from time-to-time.
Please forward all applications, including a current resume and cover letter addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria above via email to:
Georgia Pattison – HR Program Manager
Interested applicants are asked to act quickly. No close date has been nominated and we will be assessing candidates as & when they come in
Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
ACF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We’d still love to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below and if we have a suitable position available we will let you know!