Responding to Trauma
Responding to Trauma
The Australian Childhood Foundation is very pleased to be partnering with the New South Wales Department of Education, to deliver this program supporting all early childhood educators working in early childhood education and care services across New South Wales to support children who have been impacted by trauma. This program has been funded through the NSW Department of Education's Sector Development Program.
This program provides a range of offerings to support the understanding and embedding of trauma responsive practices across early childhood services. These offerings are sequenced to build the knowledge and skills of educators and include:
- A self-paced online learning program which provides some of the foundational learning regarding trauma, its impacts and strategies and skills for responding to children and their families who have been impacted by these experiences.
- A series of recorded webinars to explore some of the key issues of trauma responsive practice in more detail.
- A live webinar session for educators to attend from their own workplace to support the application of trauma responsive practices that have been explored in the first two components of the program. This session will be offered over 50 times to ensure maximum accessibility across the sector statewide.
- A written practice guide that has information summaries and specific resources that can be used in early childhood education services.
- A recorded webinar session available to explore the practice guide and its use.
- Building of the capacity of all early childhood educators to recognise and respond supportively to signs of trauma in children;
- Development of strategies and resources to support cognitive, social and emotional skills for children who have experienced trauma;
- Use of best-practice approaches to how children, families and the community can recover from trauma;
- Development of tools to differentiate between the developmental milestones of children impacted by trauma and the different indicators of trauma to identify the developmental areas in need of support; and
- Use of a practice guide that provides ongoing professional development for early childhood educators, including a focus on personal wellbeing and service-based support.
Once you have completed the online training, we will advise you of how to register for the live webinar session that best suits you.
If you have any questions about this project, or the registration and enrolment process, then please contact email@example.com
|Responding to Trauma Waiting List||Online||12:00 am – 12:00 pm||Online||$0.00|