Initial Response Practitioner
- 12 month contract – Part-Time 0.6EFT
- Make a difference in the lives of children in this innovative role
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including phone, tablet, and salary packaging
- Flexible Working Conditions
The Foundation has a long history in the provision of innovative and responsive programs for families and children who have experienced sexual abuse, harmful sexual behaviour and family violence. The Therapeutic Services program includes a range of programs that seek to address the impact of developmental trauma on the child’s emotional, psychological, behavioural and social functioning and support and resource key relationships and systems around the child to augment their healing.
The Initial Response Practitioner will work with ACF staff and key stakeholders to ensure a high quality intake and initial response to children, young people, families and their care system seeking counselling through the Child Trauma Service in the eastern region of metro Melbourne.
- Promote the ability of children and young people to recover from the effects of sexual abuse, family violence, trauma and loss, and cease engagement in harmful sexual behaviours;
- ensure a multi-systemic, integrated, coordinated, consistent and holistic response to the needs of children, young people and parents/carers;
- promote relational stability, and improve opportunities for children and young people to successfully engage and connect with their parent/carer;
- ensure that children and young people are provided with opportunities and assistance to participate in decisions that affect their lives;
- work with families in a supportive, inclusive and respectful way; and,
- ensure that meaningful planning occurs in regard to the cultural needs of Aboriginal and other culturally diverse children and young people.
About You – Key Selection Criteria
- Must hold an appropriate tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work or a related discipline.
- Eligibility for membership of the relevant professional association.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and build relationships with stakeholders.
- Highly developed ability to provide secondary consultation and advice to clinicians and other professionals.
- Demonstrated capacity to plan and deliver group programs to children, young people, and parents.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trauma, attachment and neurobiology frameworks and theories.
- Substantial experience working in the area of sexual abuse, harmful sexual behaviours and family violence.
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively and the capacity to negotiate and liaise with volunteers, including carers, DHHS, other agencies and the community.
- A sophisticated understanding of the complexity of the service system and the issues involved in providing services to statutory clients.
- A current Victorian driver’s licence or equivalent.
- A current Working With Children Check.
Remuneration & Benefits:
This position attracts a competitive base salary + phone + tablet + superannuation + salary packaging. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications. In joining a strong, values based organisation, you will also have access to:
- Professional Development allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
Interested in this new opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children?
Please use the link below to be redirected to our candidate portal, where you will be able to attach a copy of your current resume along with a cover letter, addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria.
For more information about the role or a copy of the position description please email Bree Roberts – HR Officer at email@example.com
Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
ACF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We’d still love to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below and if we have a suitable position available we will let you know!