Event Day Volunteer - Melbourne Cup
The Australian Childhood Foundation aims to be a force for childhood. We know that love is the warmth and light in which children’s hearts, minds and bodies grow, develop, and experience the world. The Australian Childhood Foundation has the privilege to work to restore love to childhood, through relationships that guide, support, and have the power to help children heal.
Australian Childhood Foundation is proud to announce we are Victoria Racing Club’s (VRC) Pin & Win charity partner for 2022. Pin & Win is VRC’s major annual fundraising program, an initiative to give charities the platform to raise funds through the sale of Lexus Melbourne Cup souvenir pins. Purchasing a pin enters the individual into the draw to win a Lexus plus additional great prizes.
Event Day Volunteers will be responsible for selling the majority of the pins at Flemington Racecourse, throughout the Melbourne Cup Carnival. Please note, this volunteer role will not be working directly with children.
· Walking the racecourse grounds at Flemington to sell Melbourne Cup pins to race day attendees in pairs or small groups
· Handling of cash & EFTPOS payments
· Representing Australian Childhood Foundation
· Perform duties as required by ACF event day staff
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other volunteers
· Adhere to the policies of Australian Childhood Foundation.
· Volunteers must be aged 18 years or older
· A current volunteering Working with Children Check (no cost)
· Adhering to VRC member’s dress code during shifts
· Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to work as part of a high functioning team
· Previous event day volunteering experience or equivalent
Australian Childhood Foundation was formed as the Victorian Society for the Prevention of child Abuse and neglect (VICSPCAN) in 1986 with its primary aim to advocate on behalf of children who have suffered abuse and neglect. It is a non-profit, non-government organisation that has made substantial achievements in the prevention of child abuse through education, advocacy, research and specialised therapeutic services to abused children and their non-offending family members. The Australian Childhood Foundation is committed to E.E.O principles and a smoke-free workplace.
All volunteers are required to comply with its child protection policies and WHS, including all public health directives and orders in relation to COVID
Interested in making a difference to the lives of children?
Join us by registering your interests by clicking here
For further information on the event, please email email@example.com to request a copy of the position description.
ACF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We’d still love to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below and if we have a suitable position available we will let you know!