Events and Volunteer Coordinator
- Make a difference in the lives of children in this innovative role
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including phone, tablet, and salary packaging
- Flexible Working Conditions available
- Full-Time Fixed Term Role to December 2023
The Australian Childhood Foundation is a recognised charity which has established a strong reputation over the past 35 years for delivering specialist counselling and training services that support abused children, carers and their families.
The Foundation has established a highly visible professional capacity to translate specialist trauma knowledge into accessible and beneficial tools for carers, families and other professionals.
The Foundation is currently driving a number of national fundraising activities to generate financial and community support for the prevention of abuse and exploitation against children and young people. The growth in this community support will ensure the foundations continued financial capacity to deliver services as an autonomous not for profit organisation.
About the role:
This is a newly created role within the Partnerships, Fundraising and Marketing team to support the planning and delivery of a key charity fundraising event, Melbourne Cup Pin & Win, in November 2022 and November 2023. The Event and Volunteer Coordinator will be a highly organised and motivated professional with excellent stakeholder relations skills.
This role reports to the Corporate Partnership Account Manager.
This fixed-term contract position is based in the Australian Childhood Foundation’s Abbotsford office. This position will also be required to represent the Foundation at events and meetings, with the understanding that some of these will occur outside normal work hours.
About you/Key Selection Criteria:
- A relevant qualification in event management, project management or marketing, along with 3 plus years experience in these fields
- A highly organised, self-starter with strong event management skills and volunteer coordination experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to work as part of a high functioning team
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build and maintain effective stakeholder relationships
- Experience in the not-for-profit / fundraising sector \
- The ability to maintain systems to support volunteering recruitment and on-boarding (Salesforce experience preferred)
- A collaborative and positive working style
- A current National Criminal History Check & Working with Children Check, if applicable
Remuneration & Benefits:
This position attracts a competitive base salary + phone + tablet + superannuation + salary packaging. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications. In joining a strong, values-based organisation, you will also have access to:
- A generous annual professional development allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
Interested in this new opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children?
Please click the link below to be redirected to our candidate portal, where you will be able to attach a copy of your current resume along with a cover letter, addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria.
For more information about the role or a copy of the position description please email Bree Roberts at email@example.com
Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
ACF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We’d still love to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below and if we have a suitable position available we will let you know!