Senior Clinician / Psychologist
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including, phone, tablet and salary packaging
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Katherine location – part-time (0.4fte) role available
The Australian Childhood Foundation has a strong reputation for delivery of therapeutic services, professional training and secondary consultation built upon up-to-date evidence based theoretical frameworks including the neurobiology of trauma, attachment and relational theories and child development.
This theoretical framework provides the foundation upon which all elements of care and intervention are provided by the Foundations Therapeutic Services.
About the role:
The Senior Clinician / Psychologist will engage in a variety of clinical assessment and therapeutic intervention work with children, young people and their families who are involved in the range of programs and therapeutic services delivered by ACF.
About You – Key Selection Criteria:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Psychology or a related discipline.
- Eligibility for membership of the relevant professional association.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a culturally safe manner with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, young people, families, carers, and communities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trauma, attachment and neurobiology frameworks and theories.
- Substantial experience in the area of child abuse and/or in working with traumatised children, including delivering a range of appropriate therapeutic interventions to the client group.
- A sophisticated understanding of the complexity of the service system and the issues in providing services to statutory clients.
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively and the capacity to negotiate and liaise with volunteers, including carers, Territory Families, other agencies and the community.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direct service in the clinical assessment and treatment of children, young people and families.
- Highly developed ability to provide secondary consultation and advice to clinicians and other professionals.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and manage in an area of challenging and complex practice.
- A current Northern Territory driver’s licence or equivalent.
- A current Working with Children Check or equivalent.
Remuneration & Benefits:
This position attracts a competitive base salary, phone, tablet, and superannuation. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications. In joining a strong, values-based organisation, you will also have access to:
- A generous professional development allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 6 weeks annual leave
Interested in this new opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children?
To apply for this exciting opportunity please click here, where you will be redirected to our candidate portal.
For more information about the role or a copy of the position description please contact Bree – HR Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
ACF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We’d still love to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below and if we have a suitable position available we will let you know!