- Make a difference in the lives of children
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including phone, tablet and salary packaging
The Foundation currently provides a state-wide therapeutic out of home care service program to carers and children/young people in foster care, kinship or family group home care and specialised packages of support to children and young people in out of home care with complex needs.
In late 2016 the Foundation secured the statewide contract to deliver counselling services to children and young people affected by family violence. This program has expanded over the 7 years of operation to include therapeutic group work for parents impacted by family violence and dyadic therapeutic groups for children and their parent/carer, in addition to individual and dyadic counselling for children who have experienced and/or been impacted by family violence.
Since 2019, the Foundation has been contracted to undertake therapeutic reviews of the provision of therapeutic care delivered by out of home care providers to children through Special Care Packages
About the role:
The Foundation is seeking to recruit a Team Leader to support the Launceston-based Therapeutic Services team that delivers a range of therapeutic services to children and families in the North region. Due to a secondment, this is initially a 12-month fixed-term position.
The Team Leader will be responsible for:
- Providing effective support and supervision to a team of Therapeutic Specialists
- Work in collaboration with CSS and other non-government organisations
- Responsible for (in collaboration with Program Manager) the development and delivery of high-quality counselling programs, training programs and the provision of consultation, support and strategic advice to carers, non-government and government staff caring for or working with children and young people in out of home care.
- Implementation of quality assurance and program development measures
- Travel to Melbourne from time to time to participate in relevant ACF management meetings will be required.
About You – Key Selection Criteria:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work, or a related discipline.
- Eligibility for membership of the relevant professional association.
- Demonstrated experience in supervision and mentoring of staff.
- Demonstrated capacity to articulate and relate theory to practice in a training environment to a range of learners.
- Demonstrated ability to provide therapeutic leadership, consultation, and guidance to a range of carers and professionals and members of the child’s network.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and manage in an area of challenging and complex practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trauma, attachment and neurobiology frameworks and theories.
- A well-developed ability to assist others to understand the implications of Trauma and Attachment theories and their relationship to addressing the needs of traumatised children and young people.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direct service in the clinical assessment and treatment of children, young people and families.
Remuneration & Benefits:
This position attracts a competitive base salary + phone + tablet + superannuation + salary packaging. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications. In joining a strong, values-based organisation, you will also have access to:
- A generous Professional Development Allowance
- Access to Wellbeing Initiatives
- Employee Assistance Program
Interested in making a difference to the lives of children?
To apply please click here, where you will be redirected to our application portal.
For more information about the role or a copy of the position description please contact Bree – HR Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
ACF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We’d still love to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below and if we have a suitable position available we will let you know!