Therapeutic Specialist (Burnie)
- Attractive salary and excellent benefits including; phone, tablet and salary packaging
- Fully maintained company vehicle
- Annual Professional Development Allowance
The Australian Childhood Foundation has a strong reputation for delivery of clinical services, professional training and secondary consultation programs built upon up to date and evidence and based upon theoretical frameworks including the neurobiology of trauma, attachment and relational theories and child development. This theoretical framework provides the foundation upon which all elements of care and intervention are provided by the therapeutic care programs.
We currently have a full time Therapeutic Specialist role available in our Burnie office, on a fixed term 12 month contract. The position will carry a varied caseload across the range of therapeutic programs offered by the Foundation.
As such the role will provide counselling to children, young people and their carers, clinical leadership with regard to the development and implementation of appropriate therapeutic support for children and young people in out of home care and training for professionals and carers in trauma-informed therapeutic approaches to out of home care.
About You/ Key Selection Criteria:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work, or a related discipline.
- Eligibility for membership of the relevant professional association.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direct service in the clinical assessment and treatment of children, young people and families.
- Highly developed ability to provide secondary consultation and advice to clinicians and other professionals.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and manage in an area of challenging and complex practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trauma, attachment and neurobiology frameworks and theories.
- Substantial experience in the area of child abuse and/or in working with traumatised children.
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively and the capacity to negotiate and liaise with volunteers, including carers, government departments, other agencies, and the community.
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively and positively within a team environment.
- A sophisticated understanding of the complexity of the service system and the issues involved in providing services to statutory clients.
- A current Tasmanian driver’s licence or equivalent.
- A current Working with Children check or equivalent
Remuneration & Benefits:
This position attracts a competitive base salary + phone + tablet + superannuation + salary packaging + company vehicle. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications. In joining a strong, values based organisation, you will also have access to:
- A generous Professional Development Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
Please use the following link to apply for this position:
For further information or to request a copy of the position description, please email Bree at email@example.com .
Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
ACF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We’d still love to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below and if we have a suitable position available we will let you know!