Manager - Business Development and Strategy
- Location – Perth, Melbourne or Sydney
The Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) is a highly regarded reputable national children’s charity aiming to prevent child abuse and reduce the harm it causes to children, families and the community. It provides specialist trauma counselling and therapeutic care programs to children and young people affected by abuse, as well as running research, education, and community capacity-building programs.
ACF has created a new operational division, Prevention, Capability, and Impact Services, which brings together what has been traditionally identified as its Safeguarding Children Services and Professional Education Services. The new division will focus on integrating learning opportunities and capability functions at individual and organizational levels. It will create learning products and initiatives that mobilise knowledge in different formats making them accessible to a wide range of potential consumers.
About the role:
ACF is currently seeking a Manager – Business Development and Strategy on a full-time and ongoing basis. The location for this role is negotiable.
You will be responsible for the development and operationalization of localized and national business development strategies for the wide range of capability building activities currently offered and those which will be developed and delivered by ACF. The Manager will actively seek out and secure opportunities for promotion, growth, and development following a sustainable business model. In this role, the Manager will lead evaluation and outcomes measurement across multiple areas of activities.
The Manager – Business Development and Strategy is a key member of the divisional leadership team and will collaborate with other members of the team to develop and deliver new business, write tender responses and grant applications, secure contracts, and ensure the team meets expectations of knowledge consumers and ACF.
Key Selection Criteria:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification.
- Experience in developing and delivering business strategy plans.
- Demonstrated track record in achieving business growth.
- Strong budgeting skills.
- Ability to establish strong partnerships with other agencies and key stakeholders at a Senior level.
- Demonstrated experience in working across multiple projects, content areas, and clients, often with competing deadlines.
- Sound interpersonal skills, including demonstrated capacity to negotiate sensitive and complex issues with specific expertise in conflict resolution.
- Experience in measuring impact using data analyses and evaluation techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Demonstrated commitment to a learning culture and continuous improvement.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively and positively within a team environment.
- Personal values consistent with the values of the organisation.
- Current Working with Children Check and drivers licence.
Remuneration & Benefits: A competitive salary + superannuation + salary packaging. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications. In joining a strong, values-based organisation, you will also have access to:
- Generous Professional Development Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
Interested in this new opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children?
Please forward a copy of your current resume along with a cover letter addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria to email@example.com
Or for more information about the role you can request a copy of the position description through firstname.lastname@example.org
Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
ACF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We’d still love to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below and if we have a suitable position available we will let you know!