Senior Advisor - NT
- Make a difference in the lives of children in this innovative role
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including phone, tablet, and salary packaging
- Flexible Working Conditions – Location across NT flexible
- Permanent Full-Time
The Australian Childhood Foundation is a recognised charity which has established a strong reputation over the past 35 years for delivering specialist counselling and training services that support abused children, carers and their families.
The Foundation has established a highly visible professional capacity to translate specialist trauma knowledge into accessible and beneficial tools for carers, families and other professionals.
Join a leading National organisation that is working to prevent abuse and exploitation and to help children and young people impacted by trauma, to recover and heal. The Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) has a reputation for the successful delivery of clinical services, professional training and programs that ensure the protection and care of children and young people.
ACF has created a new operational division which brings together what has been traditionally identified as its Safeguarding Children Services and Professional Education Services. The new division will focus on integrating learning opportunities and capability functions at individual and organizational levels. It will create learning products and initiatives that mobilise knowledge in different formats making them accessible to a wide range of potential consumers. The working title of the new Division is Prevention, Capability and Impact Services.
About the role:
This position focus’ on delivering training courses – both non-accredited and accredited – as well as building reflective and supportive relationships with other key service providers. The Senior Advisor will facilitate training face to face as well as utilising digital e-learning platforms for engaging and innovative online delivery. This role seeks to proactively build the reputation of the Foundation across relevant services. Where possible, there will be opportunities to undertake therapeutic and/or group work with children, young people, and families.
About you/Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in instructional design
- Experience or strong knowledge of youth justice is highly desirable
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work, Education or a related discipline.
- Eligibility for membership of the relevant professional association.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or equivalent
- Proficient in utilising learning management systems to facilitate training in a meaningful and engaging way.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trauma, attachment and neurobiology frameworks and theories.
- Previous experience in the development and production of engaging digital content.
- Capacity to articulate and relate theory to practice in a training environment.
- Substantial experience in the area of child abuse and/or in working with traumatised children.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally safe and sensitive way.
- Demonstrated competence in developing and delivering professional education to groups of professionals, including delivery and assessment of accredited training.
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively to a range of professionals, stakeholders, and agencies.
- A strong and flexible team-oriented approach to the program.
- A current Working with Children Check.
- A current driver’s licence or equivalent.
Remuneration & Benefits:
This position attracts a competitive base salary + phone + tablet + superannuation + salary packaging. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications. In joining a strong, values-based organisation, you will also have access to:
- A generous annual professional development allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
Interested in this new opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children?
Please click the link below to be redirected to our candidate portal, where you will be able to attach a copy of your current resume along with a cover letter, addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria.
Or for more information about the role or a copy of the position description please Bree Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org
Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
ACF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We’d still love to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below and if we have a suitable position available we will let you know!