Senior Clinician - Darwin
- Make a difference in the lives of children
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including, phone, tablet and salary packaging
- Darwin location – full time
ACF currently provides a range of innovative therapeutic services including trauma counselling services for children, young people and their families who have experienced abuse and family violence, sexually abusive treatment programs for children and young people and therapeutic models of foster, residential and kinship care in Victoria, Tasmania, ACT, South Australia, Western Australia, New South Wales and the Northern Territory.
Back on Track is a Northern Territory government initiative that provides an alternative to detention and other pathways to divert young people away from the youth justice system. ACF along with a range of other service providers is funded to provide assessment, case management, support, restorative justice and education programs for young people referred to the program.
Your primary responsibilities:
The Senior Clinician will be responsible for undertaking specialist assessment and case management for all young people referred to the program. Direct therapeutic work with young people will also be provided where indicated in the assessment. The position will work in partnership with Aboriginal Liaison and Support Workers who will assist with locating families, brokering critical cultural and community knowledge and contributing to the assessment and case management.
About You – Key Selection Criteria:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work or a related discipline.
- Eligibility for membership of the relevant professional association.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trauma, attachment and neurobiology frameworks and theories.
- Substantial experience in the area of child abuse and/or in working with traumatised children, including delivering a range of appropriate therapeutic interventions to the client group.
- Demonstrated experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, young people and families.
- A sophisticated understanding of the complexity of the service system and the issues involved in providing services to statutory clients.
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively and the capacity to negotiate and liaise with volunteers, including carers, Territory Families, other agencies and the community.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direct service in the clinical assessment and treatment of children, young people and families.
- Highly developed ability to provide secondary consultation and advice to clinicians and other professionals.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and manage in an area of challenging and complex practice.
- A current Northern Territory driver’s licence or equivalent.
- A current Working with Children Check or equivalent.
Remuneration & Benefits:
This position attracts a competitive base salary, phone, tablet, and superannuation. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications. In joining a strong, values based organisation, you will also have access to:
- Generous Professional Development Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
Interested in this new opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children?
Please forward a copy of your current resume along with a cover letter addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria to email@example.com
Or for more information about the role or a copy of the position description please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
ACF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We’d still love to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below and if we have a suitable position available we will let you know!