Senior Child and Family Counsellor
- Make a difference in the lives of children in this innovative role
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including phone, tablet, and salary packaging
- Mitcham location
- Permanent Full-Time
The Australian Childhood Foundation is a recognised charity which has established a strong reputation over the past 35 years for delivering specialist counselling and training services that support abused children, carers and their families.
Join a leading National organisation that is working to prevent abuse and exploitation and to help children and young people impacted by trauma, to recover and heal. The Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) has a reputation for the successful delivery of clinical services, professional training and programs that ensure the protection and care of children and young people.
About the role:
This role will be based within the Child Trauma Service in the eastern metro region of Victoria. The program delivers high quality counselling and support services to children, young people and their families and care systems, on and individual and group basis. Specifically, the Child Trauma Service provides counselling and treatment for children and young people who have experienced sexual abuse, family violence or have engaged in harmful sexual behavior.
This role with work alongside Aboriginal and other local organisations in the delivery of programs and services.
About you/Key Selection Criteria:
- Post Graduate qualification or additional training in relevant child, adolescent, and family clinical practice.
- Demonstrated ability to provide therapeutic leadership and guidance to a range of professionals and members of the child’s network.
- A well-developed ability to assist others to understand the implications of harmful sexual behaviours, trauma and attachment theories and their relationship to child abuse.
- Demonstrated commitment to a learning culture and continuous improvement, and experience reporting within the Australian Council of Healthcare Standards would be an advantage.
- Capacity to articulate and relate theory to practice in a training environment.
- Ability to understand and manage the complexities inherent in working in home-based care settings, including flexibility in meeting the needs of carers and the care team.
- Extensive knowledge of child welfare, child protection and relevant legislation.
Experience in development, monitoring and evaluation.
- Personal values consistent with the values of the organisation.
Remuneration & Benefits:
This position attracts a competitive base salary + phone + tablet + superannuation + salary packaging. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications. In joining a strong, values-based organisation, you will also have access to:
A generous annual professional development allowance
Employee Assistance Program
Interested in this new opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children?
Please use the link below, where you will be redirected to our companies candidate portal. You will then be able to upload a copy of your current resume along with a cover letter, addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria.
For more information about the role or a copy of the position description please email Bree – HR Officer at email@example.com
Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
ACF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We’d still love to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below and if we have a suitable position available we will let you know!