Senior Counsellor - Perth
- Make a difference in the lives of children
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including, phone, tablet and salary packaging
- Perth location – part time role up to three days per week
- Fixed term contract to June 2022
ACF currently provides a range of innovative therapeutic services including trauma counselling services for children, young people and their families who have experienced abuse and family violence, sexually abusive treatment programs for children and young people and therapeutic models of foster, residential and kinship care in Victoria, Tasmania, ACT, South Australia, Western Australia, New South Wales and the Northern Territory.
This role sits within the WA OurSPACE program. OurSPACE WA is a recently implemented statewide therapeutic consultation and support service for Department of Communities foster and family carers where the placement may be under stress and/or at risk of breaking down. The program provides culturally responsive, trauma informed support to empower carers to understand and meet the needs of the children in their care. OurSPACE stands for Safe, Predictable, Adaptive, Connected and Empowered.
Your primary responsibilities:
ACF is currently seeking a passionate Senior Counsellor/Therapeutic Specialist on a fixed term basis to June 2022 initially. The key role of the Senior Counsellor is to act as a specialist therapeutic consultant and practitioner, working in partnership with children, carers, and networks of professionals to deliver the program. The Senior Counsellor/Therapeutic Specialist is primarily responsible for the provision of therapeutic support to foster carers, family carers and other members of a child’s care team.
About You – Key Selection Criteria:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work or a related discipline.
- Eligibility for membership of the relevant professional association.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direct service in the clinical assessment and treatment of children, young people and families.
- Highly developed ability to provide secondary consultation and advice to clinicians and other professionals.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and manage in an area of challenging and complex practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trauma, attachment, and neurobiology frameworks, and theories.
- Substantial experience in the area of child abuse and/or in working with traumatised children.
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively and the capacity to negotiate and liaise with individuals who make up the network of support around children and young people, including carers, child protection, other agencies, and the community.
- A sophisticated understanding of the complexity of the service system and the issues involved in providing services to statutory clients.
- A current WA driver’s licence or equivalent.
Remuneration & Benefits:
This position attracts a competitive base salary, phone, tablet, and superannuation. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications. In joining a strong, values based organisation, you will also have access to:
- Generous Professional Development Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
Interested in this new opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children?
Please forward a copy of your current resume along with a cover letter addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or for more information about the role or a copy of the position description please contact email@example.com
Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
ACF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We’d still love to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below and if we have a suitable position available we will let you know!