Senior Management Accountant
- Make a difference in the lives of children
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including phone, tablet, salary packaging and professional development
- Abbotsford location – full time or part time negotiable
The Australian Childhood Foundation has a strong reputation for delivery of clinical services, professional training and secondary consultation programs built upon up to date and evidence and based upon theoretical frameworks including the neurobiology of trauma, attachment and relational theories and child development. It also runs high profile community awareness activities aimed at preventing child abuse and strengthening community attitudes towards the protection of children.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Management Accountant to join the Finance Team in a key role that is responsible for the preparation of all the department’s internal and external financial reporting deliverables together with ensuring the integrity of the general ledger and balances.
The key role of the Senior Management Accountant is to implement and maintain the necessary day to day practices and routines to meet the financial and management reporting requirements of ACF. This includes ensuring the general ledger is accurate and the financial and management reporting of the organisation is developed, enhanced, accurate and timely.
To be successful in this role, you will have exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels both internally and externally. You will also take ownership and accountability, demonstrating the ability to work on multiple matters concurrently, under pressure to meet deadlines.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly journals inclusive of supporting documentation.
- Partner with Business Unit managers to provide support, coaching and advice, while ensuring compliance with financial policies, procedures and standards.
- Coordinate monthly reconciliation and prepare reconciliation of assigned balance sheet and profit and loss accounts.
- Provide variance analysis of actuals vs budget got all Business Units on a monthly basis.
- Participate in relevant internal and external financial audits.
About you – Key Selection Criteria:
- Degree qualification in accounting/finance, and CPA or CA registration or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in financial and management reporting, including budgeting, analysis, forecasting and liaison with budget owners.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining an accurate general ledger and performing reconciliations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central desirable)
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to a learning service lead culture and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated capacity to establish and maintain effective relationships/partnerships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly and responsively in a dynamic environment.
- A current driver’s license and Working with Children Check or equivalent.
Remuneration & Benefits:
This position attracts a competitive base salary + phone + tablet + superannuation + salary packaging. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications. In joining a strong, values based organisation, you will also have access to:
- A generous annual professional development allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing Program
To apply for this position please forward a copy of your current resume along with a cover letter addressing each of the “About You” criteria (listed above) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or for more information about the role or to request a copy of the position description, please email email@example.com
Applications will be assessed and continued until the right candidates are sought, no close date will be issued, if you are interested please apply as soon as practicable.
Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
ACF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We’d still love to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below and if we have a suitable position available we will let you know!