Senior Training Consultant
- Highly respected not for profit
- Makes a difference in the lives of children
- Full time permanent opportunity with fantastic benefits
The Australian Childhood Foundation is a national children’s charity aiming to prevent child abuse and reduce the harm it causes to children, families and the community. It provides specialist trauma counselling and therapeutic care programs to children and young people affected by abuse, as well as running research, education and community awareness programs.
ACF currently runs state-wide professional education programs to education, child protection and out of home care workforces. It also delivers an annual professional education calendar and tailored packages of training on request. As a Registered Training Provider, ACF also runs a range of VET accredited courses including a Graduate Certificate in Developmental Trauma. ACF also provides a range of training programs to organisations about the creation of child safe environments.
We are seeking a trainer with experience in working with abused and traumatised children, young people or their families to join our multidisciplinary training team. Due to the national nature of the program, inter and intra state travel will be required.
Your duties will include:
- Delivery of training, as determined by the Program Manager in the education sector in the area of childhood or developmental trauma, child protection practice and child abuse to professionals from the child protection, health, education and welfare sectors and organisations from a range of fields seeking to promote child safe environments.
- Pro-actively promote appropriate education and training programs to community and professional groups.
- Assist in the development of an annual calendar of educational and training programs for Australian Childhood Foundation.
- Assist in the delivery of community education sessions on behalf of the Australian Childhood Foundation.
- Liaise with other professional agencies in developing tailored training programs on issues related to child abuse and trauma, child protection practice and therapeutic interventions with children.
- Liaise with key stakeholders and other professional agencies in developing and strengthening regional linkages between services in relevant sectors.
- Raise the profile of Australian Childhood Foundation in community and professional education and training.
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Education or Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or a related discipline.
- Previous experience in the education sector.
- Ability to travel inter and intra state
- Eligibility for membership of the relevant professional association.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trauma, attachment and neurobiology frameworks and theories.
- Capacity to articulate and relate theory to practice in a training environment.
- Substantial experience in the area of child abuse, child protection and/or in working with traumatised children.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally safe and sensitive way.
- Demonstrated competence in developing and delivering professional education to groups of professionals, including delivery and assessment of accredited training.
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively to a range of professionals, stakeholders and agencies.
- A strong and flexible team oriented approach to the program.
Remuneration & Benefits: The salary for these roles consists of a competitive base salary + superannuation + salary packaging + Surface Pro + Mobile Phone. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications. In joining a strong, values based organisation, you will also have access to:
- Professional Development (up to $1000 (pro-rata) per year)
- Employee Assistance Program
To apply email email@example.com for a copy of the position description.
Then forward a copy of your current resume along with a cover letter addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria (located in the Position Description) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be assessed and continued until the right candidates are sought, no close date will be issued, if you are interested please apply as soon as practicable.
Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
ACF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We’d still love to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below and if we have a suitable position available we will let you know!