Social Worker/Psychologist - Alice Springs
- Alice Springs location
- 12 month contract
- Full time
The Australian Childhood Foundation has a strong reputation for delivery of therapeutic services, professional training and secondary consultation built upon up-to-date evidence based theoretical frameworks including the neurobiology of trauma, attachment and relational theories and child development. This theoretical framework provides the foundation upon which all elements of care and intervention are provided by the Foundations Therapeutic Services.
The Foundation currently provides a range of therapeutic care programs in foster care and residential care in Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania, the ACT and the Northern Territory. The Foundation is responsible for delivering the specialist therapeutic services within these programs which are delivered in partnership with a range of foster and residential care providers.
The Australian Childhood Foundation is committed to the delivery of trauma-sensitive, culturally strong services to children, young people and their families.
Through the new Medical and Allied Health Specialist Services Panel, ACF is funded to provide a range of specialist assessment and counselling services across the Northern Territory including sexual assault counselling, trauma counselling, harmful sexual behaviour assessment and intervention, support to children and carers in out of home care, psychological and occupational therapy assessment and intervention, reunification assessment and intervention and trauma informed education assessments. Individual, family and group work will be offered.
The Social Worker / Psychologist will engage in a variety of clinical assessment and therapeutic intervention work with children, young people and their families who are involved in the range of programs and therapeutic services delivered by ACF.
About you (Key Selection Criteria):
- Tertiary qualified in Psychology, Social Work or a related discipline.
- Eligibility for membership of the relevant professional association.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direct service in the clinical assessment and treatment of children, young people and families.
- Highly developed ability to provide secondary consultation and advice to clinicians and other professionals.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and manage in an area of challenging and complex practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trauma, attachment and neurobiology frameworks and theories.
- Substantial experience in the area of child abuse and/or in working with traumatised children.
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively and the capacity to negotiate and liaise with volunteers, including carers, Territory Families, other agencies and the community.
- A sophisticated understanding of the complexity of the service system and the issues involved in providing services to statutory clients.
- A current driver’s license or equivalent.
- A current Working with Children Check or equivalent.
Remuneration & Benefits: A competitive salary + superannuation + salary packaging. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications. In joining a strong, values based organisation, you will also have access to:
- Generous Professional Development Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
Interested in this new opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children?
Please forward a copy of your current resume along with a cover letter addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or for more information about the role you can request a copy of the position description through email@example.com
Applications will be assessed and continued until the right candidates are sought, no close date will be issued, if you are interested please apply as soon as practicable.
Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
ACF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We’d still love to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below and if we have a suitable position available we will let you know!