Clinical Team Leader
- Darwin location – Full time
- Some travel will be required
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including, car, phone, tablet and salary packaging
- Flights & accommodation to the International Childhood Trauma Conference in Melbourne
The Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) has a strong reputation for delivery of therapeutic services, professional training and secondary consultation built upon up-to-date evidence based theoretical frameworks including the neurobiology of trauma, attachment and relational theories and child development. ACF also has a strong commitment to ensuring all of its services are culturally safe and strong. This theoretical framework provides the foundation upon which all elements of care and intervention are provided by the Foundation’s Therapeutic Services.
The position of Team Leader, Therapeutic Services primarily supports and manages the Clinical Services Team who provide specialist assessments and therapeutic interventions to children, young people and their families across the Northern Territory. Referrals are received from Territory Families Housing and Communities. Our services including psychological assessments, cognitive assessments, harmful sexual behaviour assessment, parenting capacity assessments, educational needs assessments, therapeutic needs assessments. Interventions including family work, individual sessions, play therapy, sand tray therapy and group work.
About You – Key Selection Criteria:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or a related discipline. (Psychology degree preferable)
- Eligibility for membership of the relevant professional association.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and supervision in the clinical assessment and treatment and care of traumatised children, young people and families.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a culturally safe manner with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, young people, families, carers and communities.
- Highly developed ability to provide secondary consultation and advice to clinicians and other professionals.
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively and positively within a team environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and manage in an area of challenging and complex practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trauma, attachment and neurobiology frameworks and theories.
- Substantial experience in the area of child abuse and/or in working with traumatised children/young people.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands and prioritise accordingly.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing new programs/initiatives.
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively and the capacity to negotiate and liaise with volunteers, including carers, government departments, other agencies and the community.
- A sophisticated understanding of the complexity of the service system and the issues involved in providing services to statutory clients.
- A current Northern Territory driver’s licence or equivalent.
- A current Working with Children check or equivalent.
Remuneration & Benefits:
This position attracts a competitive base salary + vehicle + phone + tablet + superannuation + salary packaging. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications. In joining a strong, values-based organisation, you will also have access to:
- A generous Professional Development Allowance
- Access to Wellbeing Initiatives
- Employee Assistance Program
Interested in this new opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children?
Please use the link below, where you will be redirected to our candidate portal, you will then be able to attach a copy of your current resume along with a cover letter, addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria.
Or for more information about the role or a copy of the position description please Bree Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Clinical Team Leader enquiry.
Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We’d still love to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below and if we have a suitable position available we will let you know!