Therapeutic Specialist - Albury
- Make a difference in the lives of children
- Attractive salary and excellent benefits including, phone, tablet and salary packaging
- Part time – 0.5 EFT (12 month contract)
The Australian Childhood Foundation has a strong reputation for delivery of clinical services, professional training and secondary consultation programs built upon up to date and evidence and based upon theoretical frameworks including the neurobiology of trauma, attachment and relational theories and child development. This theoretical framework provides the foundation upon which all elements of care and intervention are provided by the therapeutic care programs.
We currently have a part time Therapeutic Specialist role available in our Albury office for a 12 month Contract.
The key role of the Therapeutic Specialist is to act as a specialist therapeutic consultant and practitioner within the care team supporting individual fee for service clients. This position is a key member of the care team developed for each child. The Therapeutic Specialist is primarily responsible for the provision of specialist therapeutic support to the carers and other members of the care team, the delivery of specialised training about trauma and therapeutic care to professionals, carers and volunteer support people, and direct therapeutic work with children where appropriate. The position has a key leadership role with regard to the development and implementation of appropriate therapeutic support for each child and young person.
As the Therapeutic Specialist you will be responsible for the key areas of:
- Program development, implementation and review
- Specialist therapeutic support and advice
- Therapeutic work with children
- Delivery of training on trauma and therapeutic care
- Advocacy and research
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work or a related discipline.
- Eligibility for membership of the relevant professional association.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trauma, attachment and neurobiology frameworks and theories.
- Substantial experience in the area of child abuse and/or in working with traumatised children, including delivering a range of appropriate therapeutic interventions to the client group.
- A sophisticated understanding of the complexity of the service system and the issues involved in providing services to statutory clients.
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively and the capacity to negotiate and liaise with volunteers, including carers, DHHS, other agencies and the community.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direct service in the clinical assessment and treatment of children, young people and families.
- Highly developed ability to provide secondary consultation and advice to clinicians and other professionals.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and manage in an area of challenging and complex practice.
- A current driver’s licence or equivalent.
Remuneration & Benefits:
The salary package is based on the terms and conditions of a Social and Community Services Employee Level 6 under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010.
In joining a strong, values based organisation, you will also have access to ongoing Professional Development and an Employee Assistance Program.
Please forward a copy of your current resume along with a cover letter addressing each of the “About You” criteria (listed above) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or for more information about the role or to request a copy of the position description, please contact email@example.com
ACF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be assessed and continued until the right candidate is sought, no close date will be issued, if you are interested please apply as soon as practicable.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We’d still love to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below and if we have a suitable position available we will let you know!