- New Program
- Part Time – 4 days per week
- Initial 12 month fixed term contract
The role also has a clinical leadership focus with regard to the development and implementation of appropriate therapeutic support for children and young people within their particular care setting and works closely with professionals and carers to develop trauma-informed therapeutic approaches to support children and young people recovering from family violence.
About you – Key Selection Criteria:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work or a related discipline.
- Eligibility for membership of the relevant professional association.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direct service in the clinical assessment and treatment of children, young people and families.
- Highly developed ability to provide secondary consultation and advice to clinicians and other professionals.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and manage in an area of challenging and complex practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trauma, attachment and neurobiology frameworks and theories.
- Substantial experience in the area of child abuse and/or in working with traumatised children.
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively and the capacity to negotiate and liaise with volunteers, including carers, DFFH, other agencies and the community.
- A sophisticated understanding of the complexity of the service system and the issues involved in providing services to statutory clients.
- A current driver’s licence or equivalent.
- A current Working with Children check or equivalent
Remuneration & Benefits:
This position attracts a competitive base salary + phone + tablet + superannuation + salary packaging. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications. In joining a strong, values based organisation, you will also have access to:
- Professional Development Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing Program
Interested in this new opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children?
Please click here to be redirected to our application portal.
Or for more information about the role or a copy of the position description please Bree Roberts at email@example.com using the subject line: Therapeutic Specialist Warrnambool enquiry
Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
ACF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We’d still love to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below and if we have a suitable position available we will let you know!