Therapeutic Specialist - Warrnambool
- Make a difference in the lives of children
- Competitive salary package
- Part Time – 4 days per week
- Fixed Term 12 month contract
The Australian Childhood Foundation forms part of the ACT Together consortium that aims to bring a trauma-informed, integrated and coherent service response to improve outcomes for children in the Out of Home Care system. In collaboration with CYPS, and carers we will create a holistic, dependable, and predictable therapeutic environment for children and young people who have experienced abuse and trauma in their lives within which they can recover from the bio-psycho-social-cultural effects of their experiences. The Foundation and the other consortium members believe that interventions are most successful when carers, support networks and professionals enact collaborative and intersecting functions that can achieve protective, reparative and restorative objectives for children and young people.
About the role:
This role has a capability and consultative focus, providing consultation, mentoring and training to Brophy staff. The position also provides therapeutic support and counselling for children and young people within their particular care setting, including out of home care, and works closely with professionals and carers to develop trauma-informed therapeutic approaches to support children and young people recovering from adverse childhood experiences. The position has a key leadership role with regard to the development and implementation of appropriate therapeutic and trauma informed support for each child and young person.
About you – Key Selection Criteria:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work or a related discipline.
- Eligibility for membership of the relevant professional association.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direct service in the clinical assessment and treatment of children, young people, and families.
- Highly developed ability to provide secondary consultation and advice to clinicians and other professionals.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and manage in an area of challenging and complex practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trauma, attachment and neurobiology frameworks and theories.
- Substantial experience in the area of child abuse and/or in working with traumatised children and young people.
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively and the capacity to negotiate and liaise with volunteers, including carers, child protection services, other agencies and the community.
- A sophisticated understanding of the complexity of the service system and the issues involved in providing services to statutory clients.
- A current ACT driver’s license and working with vulnerable people check or equivalent.
Remuneration & Benefits:
This position attracts a competitive base salary + phone + tablet + superannuation + salary packaging + vehicle. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications. In joining a strong, values based organisation, you will also have access to:
- Professional Development Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing Program
Interested in this new opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children?
Please click the link below to be redirected to our candidate portal, where you will be able to attach a copy of your current resume along with a cover letter, addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria.
Or for more information about the role or a copy of the position description please Bree Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org
Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
ACF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We’d still love to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below and if we have a suitable position available we will let you know!